What YOU Want

 

Credits to lifeasahuman.com (https://images.app.goo.gl/r8sexWGtckJ26XBU8)



According to Marcus William Cook (2015), being human means to have the ability to communicate systematically using words, symbols, body gestures/ posture, and facial expressions. He also says that to be human is to make and wear clothing, accessories, and other necessities for human life. I personally believe that those statements are actual facts that cannot really be questioned. However, I do also believe that there is something more about what being human means. There is truly something that makes humans very unique. Humans live in a world where there are multiple choices and multiple possibilities to choose from. It just really depends on the person to choose depending on what he wants. This is to say that humans are actually the ones that drive their own lives and have the upper hand in everything they do. This idea is similar to the idea of Existentialism by Jean-Paul Sartre that is from the module of my teacher. We are the ones who have control over our lives and actions. However, I believe that all those actions are based on one single thing. Every human has and knows what they want in life, which could be different from others. For example, whenever the alarm in the morning wakes me up at 7 am to get ready for school, I get to choose whether or not I would get up from bed or go back to sleep. However, I always choose to get up from bed because I want to go to school and learn. This is also because what I want is to get a medal, so I cannot miss a single day in school. Getting high grades makes me the happiest person in the world. On the other hand, others choose to not go to school and get a medal. All they desire is to play on their computers and not study at all since that is what makes them happy. 


This could also be seen when there is food. I always have the choice to not eat; however, I usually choose to eat because it is what I want and because I love food. Meanwhile, other people like my sister could choose to not eat which is probably because she’s on a diet and what she wants is to get thinner. On the other hand, whenever I want to eat, other people may try to change my decision. I could get discouraged or influenced by them for a minute, but in the end, the choice would still depend on me. I have the choice to follow what others say or not depending on what I want. On the other hand, if I were in a situation where I have a choice to save 3 random men or my mother, I would surely save my mother. This is because she is the person I value the most, and she is the person I would want to keep alive. However, if it were another person, they may choose the 3 men over their mother since they may want or desire to save more people. With these scenarios, I hope I am able to explain the idea thoroughly. However, do not worry because I will still talk more about it. 


Now, let us talk about death. To be honest, I am personally afraid of death. It may be because I am selfish and that I still want to achieve so many things in life. I want to have a future, a family, and become very successful. I personally want to achieve all those things which is why I want to live. On the other hand, others may have the opposite desire as mine. Others may desire to die and end their life. This could possibly be because they want to end all their sufferings or because they want to be with their loved ones in Heaven. We never really know since everyone has different priorities and wants. Due to this, their choices could be different when given a situation related to death. Moreover, I also believe that God is real and that Heaven is real. I always do my best to act like how God would act because I want to go to Heaven and be with Him. This is primarily why I believe and act like Him. However, others do not believe in the Lord. It is probably because they do not desire to go to an afterlife, or they do not want to be with the Lord. They do not believe in Him probably because they do not want anything to do with it. They do not want to be in paradise after they die. I can say this since there is a saying that if you truly want something, there's always a way. In this world, we cannot really all have the same mind and priorities. Because of this, we would each have different desires and choices. 


Finally, to sum it all up, I believe that it is a given that humans each have different lives due to the number of choices they have to make. They create their own life. However, the outcomes are mostly dependent on one thing. It is simply having your own wants. Therefore, to be human means to know and have your own desires in life. It is what helps us make our own destiny. We all live in a world where there are multiple choices to choose from. We can choose to eat or not eat. We can choose to sleep or work. We can be straight or not. Since we were kids, we already had the steering wheel of our lives. We have the freedom to choose and to do anything in the world. It just all falls down on our own desires. Others may try to influence you; however, in the end, the choice still depends on us and what we want. Without it, we would just probably be sitting in the corner without doing anything. It what keeps us moving forward. Those desires are also the ones that make our lives different from one another. It changes most of the actions and choices we make throughout our lifetime. This is why not all humans are the same. They do not act the same and make the same choices. In addition, those desires do not only control our choices, but also make us who we are.




Look how far we’ve come! I hope I’ve exceeded your expectations throughout this journey, for this will be my last blog. Thank you!




References: 


Cook, M. (2015, September 25). What does it mean to be human? - What it means to be uniquely human. Retrieved December 14, 2020, from https://www.humansandnature.org/what-does-it-mean-to-be-human-what-it-means-to-be-uniquely-human




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do We Even NEED Philosophy?

Is The Short Story “Disguise” Ishi Approved?